Monday, February 13, 2017

Change is Difficult..

Goedemiddag everyone!! Well this was a crazy week for us here in Assen! Do I have some crazy news for you all! But first I would like to wish you all a Happy Valentines Day tomorrow! :) I will be spending it with my beautiful Companion and will do something nice for him!

Well this week was a great planning week for us, we have made some super good plans for Elder Groesbeck's last transfer on his mission, mainly just me trying to keep him from not being too Trunky! But this week we didn't see too much success knocking or getting in contact with other investigators.. but hey that is alright we just keep trying!

The reason I set the subject of this email that Change is Difficult is because recently the Assen Branch got some news from the Stake Presidency during Unit Conference and that news was that Assen is being shut down and moving to the Ward Groningen... Now a little side note, Assen is one of the strongest branches here in the Netherlands, so everyone was super surprised to hear that they're shutting it down. Emotions were everywhere and to be a missionary there I literally felt the pain and sadness of the members. I love them very much and care for them. I had the chance to stand up and bare my testimony to them that as a missionary in Assen I am here to serve them and to help and support them all.

A couple of the members were upset, but understood the decision that was made, though hard to swallow. Our Branch President gave a great talk on about What is your Identity and Where do you stand. He gave a great example of how much he has moved in his life. But one thing that never changed was home was with his Savior, Jesus Christ and even though he was moving constantly, he still had his faith with him.

I have recently been thinking and studying about Optimism. And one of the best example of that was one of our Prophets, Gordon B. Hinckley. He always had a great outlook on everything, he was known for saying, Have Faith, Be Happy, Don't get Discouraged, All will be well. I know that to be true, The Lord has his hand in everything. Sometimes we may not think that is right, but He has a plan and that is better than what we can ever Imagine. I am grateful to be serving where I am and to be able to go through this hard time, I know it will benefit me in a lot of ways! 

I love you all and will talk to you soon! Tot Ziens!!
-- 
Love Elder Noah Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment