Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Time to move to Groningen!

Well goedemiddag everyone!! I hope you all had a great week! First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sister DeVries in the Utica mission! Next week we will be heading to Church in Groningen, so this last Sunday was the last time the Branch in Assen would be meeting together, it is still emotional for a couple of the members and some not so hard, but it will all be good in the end!

We had a miracle happen on Sunday as well! Now here in Assen we work with two part member Family's, and on Sunday they all came to church!!! So we ended up having 5 investigators in Church, which was super awesome! They all enjoyed it and hopefully they will be able to come more often to Groningen!

This last week we had Zone Conference which was super nice, We talked about Goal setting and having more Faith as missionaries. President Bunnell gave a bomb presentation on Faith and it was just a really needed Conference for everyone. Elder Groesbeck had to give his departing testimony which was super sad, I am going to miss him when he leaves...

We didn't have too much success finding this week, the only day we found someone was when Elder Stevenson and I were on Exchanges in Assen. We did a quick look up that was a less active to see if she was coming to church on Sunday, and we had some extra time before Lunch, so we thought we would knock some doors. And it ended up being Sunny that day, so it made knocking a lot more bearable! But we ended up finding 2 potentials that seem to be interested in the Book of Mormon and what we have to share, so Exchanges always bring success!!

So I say the highlight of my week had to have been on the train ride home from Exchanges. Elder Groesbeck and I exchanged back in a city called Zwolle and had a hour train ride back home. Now when we sat down there was 2 cute 10 year old dutch girls sitting across from us. And they were being funny and messing with people outside of the train. They heard Elder Groesbeck and I talking English. One of them in Dutch said, "They are Americans." Thinking I wouldn't understand what they were saying, so I turned and asked them in Dutch, "Have you ever been to America before?"
If you only could see there reactions and faces when they heard me speak Dutch.. haha it was hilarious! We then had some Language Study with them the whole train ride home, they made us ask them English words to see if they knew them in Dutch and vice versa. I have never laughed so hard in my life and have never been so happy getting off that train knowing that even though I didn't share the gospel with them, they thought Elder Groesbeck and I were pretty funny and that is missionary work in itself, just being an example.

I hope you all have a great week and hopefully Spring is under way for everyone else! The Sun is shining here in the Netherlands and that makes me happy! I love you all and will talk to you soon! Tot Ziens!!

-- 
Love Elder Noah Morey


Happy Birthday Elder McBride!
These are the girls we chatted with on the
train ride home that I was talking about!
Playing some Sjoelen with the De Jonge Family,
Sjoelen is an old dutch game!
We went to a Vesting(Fortress) in Bourtange!





No comments:

Post a Comment