Wednesday, July 15, 2015

First Week!!!!

Hallo!! well this week has been just flat out amazing!! I've learned so much in this past week! I don't even know where to start! Well my companion in the pictures is Elder Croft! He is 19 and did a year at BYU! We get along so well with each other and have so much in common! So im very lucky! The language is coming along so good! We have been teaching Kars for the past week and it's going great! I know how to say so much and it just blows my mind that I've only been here a week! Just can't wait to get out in the field!

The spirit that is here is just outstanding! I've learned that the Spirit is always with us no matter what. I've learned that the spirit teaches not me, im just the instrument in the lord's hand for him to convert whoever we come in contact with! The power of this gospel is so amazing and just makes me want to everyone possible, because when you feel the Spirit it just hits you so hard and confirms to you that this is the true Church. Our branch president is President Seamons! On Sunday we watched a video from Elder Bednar that is only shown in the MTC, it was the most powerful and meaningful talk I've ever heard in my life. It just gave me that huge boost of confidence that I have a great purpose for me! It was exactly what I needed to hear this week! you quickly find your purpose here! on July 8th, 24 ELders came into the MTC for our mission! My District is such and an amazing group of missionaries! it Consists of Elder Morey and Elder Croft from BYU, Elder McBride from Seattle and Elder Christianson from Provo(like a block away from the MTC ahaha, Elder Williams from Mapleton and Wise man Elder Prickett from Sandy, Elder Stevenson from St. George and Elder Howard from Texas, 6'8 Elder Knaupp from Portland and Elder Gleave from South Jordan, my boy from Canada Elder Higham and Elder Troumbley Preston Idaho!! Love everyone of this guys!!!! and I never really get to see Tfaw at all! maybe once a week! it sucks! he is so mature now!! ahahah!

SO you know how everyone says the food at the MTC is the best. Well they lied. It gives you straight diarrhea for a week and it's terrible.. SOme of the food is really good, but I know i'm going to gain so much weight!! ugh! But all the dessert and stuff is really good of course! so I'm just going to enjoy every second of it!

So here comes the part which is crazy... so there is a thing called Magic Tuesday your first week for our mission.. so when I thought that all my visa stuff is done and i'm ready to go! well it wasn't over, we all got called into the nurse office and we had to get another blood test!!!!!!!! UGGGGHHHHH!!!! but wait its not over.. we had to give a stool sample... yeah we had to POOP IN A CUP. not even kidding you.. Belgium requires that we do this.. it was funny and terrible at the same time.. it was a very humbling experience for sure!!! hahhaha!!! so that's a story.

Besides all of my amazing stories I'm having such an amazing time here and having the best time and learning so much everyday and just speaking the language as good as I can! Mom I have a smile on my face everyday doing the Lord's work just to let you know! Ik ben ELder Morey van de kerk van jezus christus van de heiligen der laatste dagen! ik weet dat jezus is de Heiland! ik weet dat de kerk waar is,ik weet dat het boek van mormon is de waarheid, ik leifde mijn familie! Talk to all of you soon! TOT ZIENS!!!

Translated - I am Elder Morey of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ! I know that Jesus is the Savior ! I know the Church is true , I know that the Book of Mormon is true , I love my family ! Talk to all of you soon ! BYE!!!








Me and Elder Croft


Learning Dutch


The Fish Bowl


Where we live



Our Zone


Found Elder Corey before he heads out to Indonesia


Look who I found Elder Chugg!!!!




Elder Kanupp 6'8"


--


Elder Noah Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment