Monday, August 24, 2015

That's not the Language they taught me in the MTC...

Well I am in the Belgium/Netherlands Mission!!! It is so beautiful here!! After the long 10 hour flight, We all got our bags loaded them in a van and shipped them to a hotel we were staying at for the night! We all had to do some legality stuff for residency stuff! We literally were all zombies and luckily enough President and Zuster Bunnell let us take a nap so that was delightful! Can I just say the food here is the bomb!! It is so much better than the MTC food!! The next meeting we found out where we all were going to be serving! it was like opening your call again! it was so intense! I got assigned to the city of Leiden! and funny thing was we were already in Leiden so all I had to do was walk out the door! 

We woke up the next day and this is the day when it gets real! We got assigned our trainers and headed out to our apartments, and our areas! My apartment is fairly nice, probably better than most! We then unpacked got settled and had to go get groceries and this took up the whole day with all the transfers and such!

They truly did not teach me the right language in the MTC! I have no idea what people say most of the time! haha! they speak so darn fast and I can't keep up!! I am getting good at speaking though! I think by the end of the transfer I will be a lot better than I was! We went knocking and contacting and it was really cool to learn what to say, to those on the streets I would say..Maagt ik een kaartje aan u geven? (Can I give a card to you?)majority of the time they say no I am not interested.. 

But this past week I ended up giving out a lot of pass along cards and.... a Het BOEK VAN MORMON (BOOK of MORMON)!! I was so stoked! I had only been here for three days and I already gave one out! the lady's name was Anna so hopefully she will call us soon! and after that happened we walked around the corner and some crazy lady asked us who we were and what we did then after we explained all of that she kissed me and Elder Woltjen on the cheek! it was so weird and hilarious!! haha!!

So this week was pretty dang exciting! This Sunday I had to bear my testimony in Dutch during Sacrament Meeting and it went very well! all the members say that I sound like I have been in the land for a year so that always makes me feel better about my Dutch! Oh crazy story! The Bishop's wife ended up going into labor during sacrament meeting so that was crazy! I love the Dutch Saints here, the Spirit they have is just flat out amazing to feel and hear! I truly know that I was called here for a reason and to serve in Leiden at this time in my Mission. I know there is someone that needs me here. I can't wait to start teaching the Gospel to those who want to receive it. I was reading in Preach My Gospel in the chapter Finding People, and I found a scripture in DC and it said that Heavenly Father is preparing those people that want there eyes to be open to the Gospel and those are the people we just need to find! I know that Prayer is essential for everything and anything, and that our Heavenly Father will always answer us, as long as we are exercising our faith! The Gospel is such a blessing to me and I see it every day I am out serving! Heavenly Father is truly there for us when we need him! All we have to do, is simply just ask! Love you all and will talk to you all soon! Tot ziens! Dooi!   

-- 
Elder Noah Morey


Elder Allen on Flight to Amsterdam!  Good Luck in Barcelona!

Getting Our Luggage

Ready for the Netherlands!

Cool Building Across from Hotel

Elder Woltjen Cooking Dinner

Apartment Living Room

View From Apartment
Near our Apartment

Zijlpoort (City Gate) in Leiden


Church in Leiden

Ghetto Leiden



No comments:

Post a Comment