Monday, June 6, 2016

My Miracle Making Miera

Goedemorgen everyone! okay so I have a ton to talk about for this week! I have a new companion and he is super awesome, he is a hardworker and is pretty hilarious! We had an awesome first couple of days here in Hengelo! That is why he is my miracle making miera!

So transfers went by really quickly, which was really nice! We got all settled and then went out to go contact in a certain part of the city, that I thought would be a good area to contact in. Well after contacting for about three hours we found 5 people that said we could come back, but we also me this guy named Kai. He is actaully a new investigator, he is from Russia and he considers us his little brothers which is super sick! We went back on Friday to teach him, we only got the chance to answer his questions and give him a Book of Mormon in Russian. We do have a return appointment with him on Thursday! SO we are excited! Cool fact too, he is the first new investigator I have ever had in Hengelo!

The next following day Elder Miera and I are in a area called Almelo de Riet, Elder Prickett and I had spent some time in this area for a while before, so Elder Miera and I picked a street and began knocking. So this street was filled with person after person that were just being so rude and telling us to go away, so I began to get angry/discouraged, so I tell Elder Miera, okay if this next door is rude/tells us to go away, we are going to leave this area. So as you all guessed the next door just got slammed in our face.. For some reason I felt that we shouldn't leave and we might as well just finish the street. Fast forward a little bit, we get to the last door and a indonesian/dutch woman opens the door and we contact her and tell her about the book of mormon and if she was ever religious? We ended up having a great conversation with her and have a return appointment next week to teach her and her brother! Now what I learned from this is instead of doing the whole street just knock the last doors!!;) haha It for sure was an amazing Miracle!

Then the next couple of days we have found some more potentials and have return appointments with them! I am really happy the work is beginning to pick up a little bit here in Hengelo, our one baptisimal date dropped us this week.. so we just got to keep our heads up and keep working hard! I hope everyone is doing great at home and you all have a great rest of your week! I love you all! "Not all those who wander are lost!" - J.R.R Tolken


Elder Noah Morey



Just chillin with Kimberly in the back of the car to
regional conference in Appeldorn!
Cute little baby swans, what I see in this picture
 is not to mess with that father...
My new companion Elder Miera!
Getting some lekker ijs in Hengelo!


No comments:

Post a Comment