Monday, June 27, 2016

Traveling Can Get The Worst Out Of Me...

Goedemorgen everyone!! Well this week was a crazy one for Elder Miera and I.. We had a big traveling schedule that is for sure, we had to go to Zone Conference in Rotterdam this past week, which took us 2 1/2 hours to get there.. But I will first start off by telling you why traveling can bring the worst out of me.. and it is kind of a funny story.. I am still figuring out what God was trying to teach me. Well as you all know I need a residency Permit  to stay in the country and my last one said I was born in 1977, which I was not, so I had to go pick up my new one. Which is located next to Schipol Airport. SO we get on a train from Hengelo to Schipol at 7 in the morning. We get to a city called Amersfoort and the train conductor comes on the intercom to say that the train wasn't going to Schipol.. SO we got on another train to Utrecht, to catch one to schipol from there.. so we get on that train at Utrecht and the conductor once again says sorry this train is not going to Schipol.. So we get off in Amsterdam and take a train to Leiden, and from Leiden we finally get to Schipol and I finally got to Hoofdorp. I got my residency permit within 10 minutes... So we traveled for about 6 hours to get this thing.. Elder Morey was very upset to say the least.. I hope you all got a laugh out of that...

This Wednesday Elder Miera and I had the opportunity to teach a Potential Investigator and her Brother about the Restoration, it turned more into a question answer appointment, but it was still a good one, we tied the restoration into it and tried our best to have a good lesson. By the end of the lesson we had commited them to Read and Pray about the Book Of Mormon. The brother declined and said he was still going to believe what he believed, but what he did say and what was the great miracle of this lesson is that the brother said, "well guys your belief is great and I can tell that you are great people and have had great experiences. You have taught me to pray again and I will for sure begin praying again to recieve comfort and faith." Even though they didn't want to have a return appointment, I knew that we made a great impression and that they felt the Spirit!

We also had the opportunity to teach our investigator Mathijs! We taught  and talked about the Plan of Salvation. He thought it was great, he is a man of very simple thinking and he said that it made sense to him and he thought that it was great! It is great to see the Spirit testify of truth! He is making great progress, hopefully he will come to church soon!

We had a solid week for sure, hopefully this next week will be an even better one! I love you all and will talk to you all soon! Tot Ziens! "Remember who you are, and what God expects you to become." - Thomas S. Monson

-- 
Elder Noah Morey


Elder Hosea and I on Exchanges
Spending quality time together at the castle Twickel!
Traveling to Rotterdam




No comments:

Post a Comment