Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Last Full Week Of Being A Missionary..

Goedemiddag!

Well It is crazy to think about that I only have one full week left of being a full time missionary, and needless to say it is going to go by super fast! But I am enjoying all the time that I have left! 

A lot of great things have happened since I sent last weeks email! Some really cool experiences as well! First off, I was on Exchanges with our District Leader Elder Thornton, he is from Kaysville and went to Davis. We had a lesson with one of our investigators named Grietje. We had a really good lesson about how she can have the love of Christ with her at all times and how she always doesn't have to feel overwhelmed with everything in her life. We ended up inviting her to be baptized and she said yes and we have a date planned now for her. That was a super cool miracle for us.

I would like to talk about the Preisthood. In the church we believe that the Preisthood was restored through Joesph Smith, and that we have the chance to hold this priesthood. The Lord has taught me something this week, that I will never forget. On Tuesday last week we had a lesson with some investigators that the Sisters are teaching. Jolanda, Celine, and Fabio. Hopefully I will have sent a picture. But we were there eating Dinner and also we had the chance to teach them about the Priesthood, because Fabio will be 12 in July. After teaching them about the presithood Jolanda asked us if we gave blessings of comfort. And we said yes of course. We then proceeded to give the 3 of them blessings of Comfort as they prepare to be baptized on June 17th, unfortunately I will not be able to attend because I will be home. But as we gave them blessings The Spirit was so strong.

On Saturday we had the opportunity to go to a baptism of two investigators that the Sisters taught. Elder Young and I had the chance to be the Witnesses during the baptism. One of them is Dutch and the other was a young man from China named Tim. Elder Young and I know Tim pretty well and had good relations with him. On Sunday as they were going to receive the Holy Ghost, our Ward Mission Leader came up to us and said one of us needs to confirm Tim, (because he only speaks English), a member of the church and also Give him the Holy Ghost. And I ended up having the chance to do that. It was an amazing experience, it was my first time ever doing that. I never have felt so unqualified to give someone the Holy Ghost, but as I got in the circle with the other Elders and confirmed Tim and gave him the Holy Ghost, I was filled with love and Confidence from my Heavenly Father. I am grateful that he can trust one of his Sons, to hold this Priesthood and be able to administer it to others. I know that the Priesthood is here upon this Earth and that it is God's Power. I am grateful that our Heavenly Father teaches us, and that he taught me a great lesson about the Priesthood.

I hope you all have a great week and I will email you all for the last time next week! I love you all! TOT ZIENS!

-- 
Elder Noah Morey


Exchanges with Elder Thornton
Service with Fam De Jonge!!

Br. De Jonge is like 80 and he is still funny as ever!

Blurry picture of Robert and Tim that got baptized!!

De Jonge Family






















No comments:

Post a Comment