Monday, May 2, 2016

Maverick and Goose!!!

Goedemorgen everyone!! Well I am alive and well here in Hengelo, the first week here went really great and the Transfer went really smoothly! I am with Elder Prickett, one of my very good friends from the MTC! He has been in Hengelo for a while so he knows his way around the block! Well I will tell you a little about what went down this week in Hengelo!

I came into Hengelo on Tuesday and got a little settled, we don't have an apartment, we actually have a house! SO that is really nice and big! After getting told about the area and the ward and everything, Prickett told me about this lady named Carola. She is actually the only person who we have on Baptismal Date here in Hengelo. Prickett went on to tell me about that we didn't have an appointment with her this week, which I was very bummed!

Well later that night we got a text from Carola saying that she could meet on Thursday for a lesson! I was so pumped, I literally wanted to meet with her so that we could get to know her better and low and behold she texted us to schedule an appointment! That appointment went really well, we taught about the Plan of Salvation and it was a really great lesson, one thing that stuck out to me the most was Elder Prickett, Carola had some experiences and challenges with the Plan of Salvation, which Elder Prickett had some similar experiences with. She said that she felt a burden come off of her because of Elder Prickett being able to relate to her.  I think it is so amazing that the Lord calls us to where we need to be and know what to say and what to teach! The Lord prepares us and investigators!

The rest of our week we ended up doing a lot of look ups and knocking so that was really fun of course! Sunday was really nice, the Ward here isn't that big, but has some really cool members here! I am excited to work in Hengelo and see the blessings from missionary work here! I hope all of you have a great week, and shout out to all the Mothers on Mothers Day! Us missionaries love you and are truly grateful for all that you do for us!! 

Love you all! Tot ziens!

(P.S. Elder Prickett and I are Maverick and Goose!)

-- 
Elder Noah Morey



First Day with Elder Prickett
A national holiday in the Netherlands called Koning's Dag!
Pretty crazy!
Our awesome booth on King's day!
Oh yeah, getting my king day spirit on!
Famous achter oping (Rear Opening)!
I am on the back of the bike while Elder Prickett is biking!
A really cool Castle in the national park of De Hoge Veluwe

No comments:

Post a Comment