Monday, November 16, 2015

Lord works in crazy ways!

Goedemiddag (Good Afternoon)!! It was a crazy week with Transfers going on, and getting my new companion Elder De Witt! Crazy that I have to teach Elder De Witt the area! It is weird that I am not a greenie anymore! Had the chance to speak in church this Sunday! and also had a truly amazing experience!

First off about Elder De Witt and I! We get along so well, he is from Connecticut and has been on his mission for a little over a year almost a year and a half! So he is pretty experienced and that is always nice to have when you are young in the mission! But things are going well with the work in Leiden and with all of our Investigators!

We have a ton of potentials that we have to look up, and hopefully they will have some interest in learning more about our church. So about my amazing experience, Elder De Witt and I were on a bus to go contact in an area and this girl gets on the bus and she looks about 17 years old and she has a child that she brought on the bus in a carriage. She forgot to put the carriage break on the carriage for her child, so when the bus driver hit his breaks the carriage fell over.. and I hurry and got off my seat and lifted the carriage up and the baby's eyes weren't opening his eyes, the girl was screaming 'mij kind (My Child), mij kind, mij kind' I put my hands on this baby, closed my eyes and in my head I said Heavenly Father Please, and right as I did that I opened my eyes and so did the baby. After that I made sure the baby was okay and that the girl was okay also, I shared a card with the girl and told her that this was a website that could help you and with your family.

It was an eye opener experience, our Heavenly Father put me and Elder De Witt in that situation for a reason. I don't know if that girl will call us or not, but I do know that she felt Heavenly Fathers love at that time when she knew that her baby was okay. The power of the priesthood is amazing, and I am glad that I acted when this happened.

I had the opportunity to speak in church this Sunday, and let me tell you I was so scared out of my mind! my topic was on how I have received my testimony and how I continue to share it on my mission! It went really well, I am truly grateful for the gift of tongues! I am also glad that the most important part of my talk was with the Spirit there! and that is what is most important! I am grateful to be called here on such an amazing mission! I love my mission so much and am grateful to be a missionary each and every day!

Love you all back home! I will hear from all of you soon! Have a great week! 

Love Elder Morey!


Nice picture in Leiden!

First day with Elder De Witt!

Me and Elder De Witt working out in Hoge Mors!

SO grateful when members send us food home from church!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment