Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Goedemorgen Everyone!!! and also Happy Late Halloween! I hope Everyone enjoyed a great Halloween and ate a lot of candy!! This week was a really good one and really exciting! Went to Belgium this week for my Residency Permit, Caught a hedgehog with Elder Steenblik, Taught a guy named Tom and had a great experience with him! and had a great Halloween dinner at a members home! SO really fun and awesome week!

Well first off I will talk about how the work is going here in Leiden! The work is slow right now.. We haven't found anyone new except for the this man named Tom who I talked about, I will talk about the experience soon! But we just need to start finding more people to teach! We are going to be hitting the doors and contacting hard this last week or so with Elder Woltjen!

Now to talk about our investigator Tom! We found him about Two weeks ago when we were knocking doors around our apartment, and I asked him if we could come back to see what he thought about the website and if we could share a quick message with him. He said yes and we made an appointment for Thursday! So we went over that day and he had made a little paper with 10 questions that he had about the church and what we do as missionaries, we answered all his questions and taught him the Restoration. 

Later towards the end of the Lesson he told us why he invited us back over was because he had a friend that had a tumor develop in her brain and he wanted us to pray for her, he got very emotional and we then taught him how to pray. He didn't offer the prayer but Elder Woltjen did, and it was amazing how strong the Spirit was there and we know that Tom felt it. He said he would invite us back over when he had time! It was such a cool experience and to know that our Heavenly Father puts us in situations for a purpose!

It was a truly a great Halloween week and was a really great week for us as missionaries! The Lord's hand is in everything and there is always a purpose for everything! I was so grateful for that experience with Tom and that I was an Instrument of the Lord! I am grateful for all the blessings that the Gospel provides and I know that this Church is true, and I am super grateful to be a missionary in this specific Mission!

I am grateful for all the support that I have and feel back home! I love all of you! I hope everyone has a great week! and especially stay warm as it gets colder! Continue to pray in faith and read in the Scriptures! Love you all! 

Love Elder Morey!  
Elder Steenblik and I on exchanges after we caught a
hedgehog and named him Sammy, don't worry we let him go!

Driving to Belgium

Elder Cook our Driver!

Archway into Brussel's Belgium

Halloween Dinner with Van Eedens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment